Step By Step Instructions:
- Book your tour time first with Dixie’s Lower Antelope Canyon Tours.
- Select your Horseshoe Bend Tour Time in the dropdown menu
- Enjoy an amazing experience at the Lower Antelope Canyon and a very exclusive experience at Horseshoe Bend!
You will select two separate departure times: First: reserve your Lower Antelope Canyon departure time (please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time), and then schedule your 4×4 adventure ride to the Horseshoe Bend Overlook. The overlook portion of your combination tour will be facilitated by Horseshoe Bend Tours.
The Horseshoe Bend Overlook Tour departure time may be scheduled either 2.5 hours before or after your Lower Antelope Canyon tour start time. Please allow ample time between tours!
Lower Antelope Canyon Tour:
- Visitors start their guided Lower Antelope Canyon tours with a short 10-minute walk from the booth to the entrance of the canyon. The trail leading to the entrance of Lower Antelope Canyon is both rocky and sandy, so please wear appropriate shoes and attire. While the top of the canyon is wide, the path inside can be quite narrow so tours are not recommended for people who have issues with enclosed spaces.
- The Antelope slot Canyon tours are a guided walking tour that vary between one to one and a half hours long. Visitors walk just over 1,800 meters (roughly 1.1 miles) round trip. Tours into the canyon begin by descending down five flights of stairs (35 meters), then gradually ascending up eight separate staircases bringing you back to the start.
- Lower Antelope Canyon hiking tours are an informational and educational tour. Visitors are welcome to take photos with handheld devices (tripods, monopods, selfie sticks, or GoPros are NOT allowed).
Horseshoe Bend Tour:
- Take a trip to a Navajo Nation area of the world-famous Horseshoe Bend Overlook!
- This is an exclusive access point
- Avoid the hike and hassle of crowds
- Enjoy a private viewpoint of Horseshoe Bend located immediately adjacent to the overcrowded National Park Service viewing area.
- Avoid the congested public parking lot and let us drive you to the rim.
- Less than a 100-meter easy walk from the tour truck to the edge of the canyon.
- Small groups of 15 or less.
- Fun off-road adventure in a shaded and cushioned open-air tour truck.
- An epic and memorable experience for the whole family!
- Bonus 15-20 min. tour to NAVAJO VILLAGE.
You will bypass the congested public Horseshoe Bend parking area:
We will avoid the congested public parking lot for Horseshoe Bend Overlook and will take a private dirt road that leads to within 100 meters of the edge of the canyon. From here, you will have a much shorter walk to the rim and from there be able to stroll along the side of a 1000-foot drop. The undulating sandstone provides various angles and views of the Colorado River as it meanders around a rock promontory, creating the horseshoe-shaped loop beloved by visitors and photographers from around the world. This portion of the tour lasts approximately an hour and allows for phenomenal picture taking. From here, we will return to our office in Page.
Horseshoe Bend Departure Location:
Map from Dixie’s Lower Antelope Canyon to Horseshoe Bend Tours:
Top Rated for 3 Years
In a Row
Took this tour today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Booking a tour was painless as their website is very good. Arrangements on location were great and each group was split into smaller groups, each with a separate tour guide. Ala was our tour guide and she was just great. She had great advice on camera settings, locations within the canyon to take photos and took time to take photos of people in our group.
My husband and I took the 8:45 tour, first tour of the day, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It met and exceeded our expectations. Our tour guide, Chassity, was great! She was very knowledgeable and informative and shared all kinds of fun facts about the canyon. She knew how to work all of our cameras and helped us frame the best shots. She also took some pictures for us. The reservation and checkin process is well organized. Highly recommend this!!
This place was BEAUTIFUL. My camera was loaded with images. I could not get enough. The weather was perfect at noon and allowed for great visibility of earths colors. Armando was our tour guide. FANTASTIC personality..His knowledge made the tour more impressive and enjoyable. He even helped with photographing techniques to get the best images. The hour breezed by yet I never felt rushed. This tour is a must for all nature lovers.
You are accompanied into the canyon by a Navajo guide who goes to great efforts to assist his group through the canyon. In addition the guide happily helps all his group members by showing the best photographic locations in the canyon and, if you want him to, will actually take the pictures with your own ‘phone. Initially, you enter the canyon down a series of steep steps and then, at various points you have to ascend short flights of steep stairs.