- Navajo Sandstone can only be found in the Southwest
- Guides are fully versed in Southwestern culture
- Guides are indigenous to the surrounding area
Lower Antelope Canyon Tour Overview:
Visitors begin their guided Lower Antelope Canyon tour with a short 10-minute walk from the check-in booth to the entrance of of the canyon. The trail leading to the entrance of Lower Antelope Canyon is composed of Navajo sandstone making the decent to the canyon entrance both rocky and sandy, for our guests’ safety and comfort we advise appropriate shoes be worn.
As you begin your 1 – 1.5-hour adventure (all-walking) with Lower Antelope Canyon Tours, your experience will span roughly 1,800 meters (1.1 miles) round trip. Upon descending down five flights of stairs (35 meters) into the largest cavern of the tour, guests’ will begin their majestic ascent through the kaleidoscope of colors naturally provided by the unique creation of Navajo Sandstone, as a result of rain, wind, and erosion. The numerous echelons throughout the canyon consist of eight uniquely built ladders (with handrails) for safety.
Items not allowed:
- All bags (including transparent/clear bags) *Effective May 4, 2023
- No tripods, monopods, and selfie sticks
- No go-pros or live action cameras
- You are allowed to bring your belongings in your pockets or in a clear plastic bag.
- Cremations of loved ones are not to be disbursed within Navajo Nation Parks navajonationparks.org/rules-regulations/
- Per Navajo Nation Law drones are not allowed navajonationparks.org/rules-regulations/
- No open toed shoes, sandals, or shoes with heels
- No pets or service animals (due to safety)
- No firearms or weapons
- No smoking
- No walking sticks (including hiking sticks)
- Lower Antelope Canyon is “V” shape, wide at the top and narrow at the base, not recommended for those who are sensitive to enclosed spaces
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Potential but rare encounters with harmful Southwestern “creepy crawlers” (snakes, spiders, scorpions, etc.).
Top Rated for 3 Years
In a Row
Unmissable Slot Canyon
You are accompanied into the canyon by a Navajo guide who goes to great efforts to assist his group through the canyon. In addition the guide happily helps all his group members by showing the best photographic locations in the canyon and, if you want him to, will actually take the pictures with your own ‘phone. Initially, you enter the canyon down a series of steep steps and then, at various points you have to ascend short flights of steep stairs.
This place was BEAUTIFUL. My camera was loaded with images. I could not get enough. The weather was perfect at noon and allowed for great visibility of earths colors. Armando was our tour guide. FANTASTIC personality..His knowledge made the tour more impressive and enjoyable. He even helped with photographing techniques to get the best images. The hour breezed by yet I never felt rushed. This tour is a must for all nature lovers.
Tour of Lower Antelope Canyon
My husband and I took the 8:45 tour, first tour of the day, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It met and exceeded our expectations. Our tour guide, Chassity, was great! She was very knowledgeable and informative and shared all kinds of fun facts about the canyon. She knew how to work all of our cameras and helped us frame the best shots. She also took some pictures for us. The reservation and checkin process is well organized. Highly recommend this!!
Highly recommended tour operator
Took this tour today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Booking a tour was painless as their website is very good. Arrangements on location were great and each group was split into smaller groups, each with a separate tour guide. Ala was our tour guide and she was just great. She had great advice on camera settings, locations within the canyon to take photos and took time to take photos of people in our group.
Book Now For The Best Affordable Tours
Call us at : 928-640-1761. We’re open 7 days a
week, check our office hours.
Latest Antelope Canyon News
About Antelope Lower Canyon
What Antelope Canyon Means to the Navajo People
Antelope Canyon, one of the greatest natural wonders of the world, and located within the Navajo Nation, is one of…
About Antelope Lower Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Tour Guides
Masks No Longer Mandatory for Lower Antelope Canyon
Today, Leilah Young, CEO of Dixie’s Antelope Canyon Tours, announced to guests and future tourists to Lower Antelope Canyon that…
About Antelope Lower Canyon, Antelope Canyon
How to get the perfect photograph at Lower Antelope Canyon
You’ve made it! You have finally arrived at the amazing Antelope Canyon on the Navajo Nation. The slot canyon is…